Thursday, September 10, 2009

If I were a guy, and I apologized like this, I don't think I'd be gettin' any.

“This evening I let my emotions get the best of me when listening to the President’s remarks regarding the coverage of illegal immigrants in the health care bill. While I disagree with the President’s statement, my comments were inappropriate and regrettable. I extend sincere apologies to the President for this lack of civility.”-Rep. Joe Wilson (R-SC)

Translation: I'm not really sorry, but I got in trouble, and the grown-ups made me say this. And to prove that I am not really sorry, I am going to repeat the lie within my "apology" just so I can get it out there one more time.

Ahem. Mr. Wilson, you don't get to "disagree" with a fact.

Should Congress have bothered to formally admonish him? Perhaps not. But it was awfully classy of President Obama to accept this forced and lame "apology."

No comments: