Wednesday, April 5, 2006

Red Dress, Nonetheless

Don't TELL me I can't have a red dress in Spring.
Granted, I went to Local Motion, Lula, JCPenny (don't laugh, you'd be surprised), Herbergers (again, don't laugh), Bloomingdale's, Macy's, Nordstrom, Marshall's, TJMaxx, Charlotte Reusse, and Marshall Field's, though it seems like I went to more places than that, and no luck. But I certainly thought that, what with prom coming up and all, there would be more slutty teens who wanted to wear red (or IM with Department of Homeland Security Officials) (Great. I should not have typed that. I will probably have an unwarranted wiretap now). But apparently, color is all about the melon now. Cantaloupe, Water, Honeydew, and... is there a Yelllow Melon? There is no way to make these colors look not cheap, I don't care how expensive or well-made the dress is. And for god's sake, I don't even eat melon, why would I want to wear a sparkly one? This is more shopping than I have done in months, and I did it all in the space of a few hours. I finally went online where all the red dresses have been hiding, apparently. I found one. It's in the mail. It's probably too big and definitely too expensive, but I woke up in the morning thinking about it, and Pete told me to just buy it already, so I did. We'll see how it works out. I hope it loves me because I love it, even though it's spendy.

Oh what the heck. I mean, you only get married for the second time once, right?

No comments: